Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Crafty Crate Seating


I have said it before, but Pinterest is my new addiction!! Besides being a mom, teacher, wife and running enthusiast I am also addicted to good websites and blogs!! Pinterest has really changed me though because I've gotten SO many cute and new ideas for the classroom. One of the projects that I've completed are crate seats! They are wonderful because they act as cute and fun seating for my guided reading table as well as storage for books and folders or whatever I put in there :)

The seats were SO easy to make and that's what I'm all about..easy and cute :) I went and bought some fabric at Hancock's that was on sale for like $3.00 and then some fairly inexpensive batting. Then, I went to Walmart and bought 5 crates for $3.50 a piece and then Jackson went and bought me some plywood at Lowe's for pretty cheap and cut it for me to fit the inner lip of the crate. I used a staple gun to secure the batting and fabric, flipped over the seat part and placed it down in the lip of the crate! I love my seats and I KNOW my kids will love them too!


No comments:

Post a Comment