Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer is Coming to an End

Well this summer has flown by as they all do, and Laine and I just got back from working in my room :) I was able to really put together ideas quickly this year which made the time FLY by! I'll start my 6th year of teaching this year and finally the layout of my room is coming more naturally to me! Each year I feel like I have to go to different teachers' rooms and really look at how they have things set up before I can organize my room. This year I was able to map it out in my head and execute my plan successfully! There is still a LOT more to do, but I feel very confident that I'll be ready MUCH sooner than I normally am!

I am really looking forward to this year for many reasons: One, I have decided to take on the responsibility of being the 4th grade Team Lead. Mrs. Dotson has been leading our team for the past 7 years and she's ready for a break from it. She asked me if I'd be interested and at first I thought that it would interfere with my personal life too much, but after giving it much thought I decided that it would be fun! My good friend, Lauren told me that she'd pick Laine up from the sitter's house on the days that I have meetings and take her to her house and Jackson can pick her up there. I feel much better about that b/c I don't want her to have to stay at the sitter's house until 5 on some Tuesdays!! Miss Tristen has 3 of her own kids and she's VERY busy with the extra-curricular activities during the evenings as it is. The second reason I'm really excited for the year to start is because I've gotten TONS of new ideas for the classroom from Pinterest. I'll have to do a Pinterest Post soon and show everyone all of the projects I've already completed just from this site! I also LOVE getting a new bunch of kids each year and teaching them "the ropes" of 4th grade. It's only 2 weeks away and even though I know I'll be ready for a break come Thanksgiving/Christmas I'm ready for the brand new school year :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment